Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life...what really matters?

I have been spending a lot of time lately thinking about my plans for the future and something has really stood out to me. What does God want me to do? We spend so much time worrying about what jobs we will have or who we will date but so many times, we lose sight of God. It is a relief to know that, should we bring those worries or requests to God, He will as Paul writes in Romans 8:

26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because[g] the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[h] for those who are called according to his purpose.

Think about it!!! God knows our desires and prayers before we even say them!! It is truly a humbling realization. So what does God want me to do?? I don't know 100%, all I know is God has put a desire in my heart to make a change in the way people in my generation view government. That is the desire I have and God has given me a yearning for this; I hope and pray this is His Will for me!! The same goes with girls, relationships, etc.. We will never know 100% if the one we like is THE ONE, but when two people are completely focused on God and He brings them together, I believe it is usually a good start!!

May the Lord Bless us
May the Lord Keep us
May the Lord Lift up His Divine Countenance upon us
And Bring us PEACE!!

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

1 comment:

  1. This was great, Sam! Something I've been thinking a lot about recently as well. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete