Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve...Examining the past year to Plunge into the new one

Once again, the New Year approaches. Once again, the Champagne or sparkling wine, depending on the age group, is uncorked.
This is my favorite time of the year. The 12 days of Christmas represent such a happy, relaxing time with family and friends.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10)

Reading it provided me with comfort to know that, in all things, God watches out for His children and will comfort and strengthen them.

When looking at this past year, God's grace and plan for my life overpower anything else. Through His grace, I, through a truly miraculous set of circumstances, found myself at Hillsdale College. When I look at my life up to this point, I see that, through it all, God has had a plan for my life and I can only pray that I continue to live in His love. I still have struggles yes, but dont we all. My outlook on life has changed from one where the soul thought of my life was of me and my own pleasure. I see now that my life is a gift from God and I am called to use it to worship and glorify Him.

As I go into this new year, I pray for God's continued guidance in my life. I know there is so much opportunity for me at Hillsdale and am so excited for what lies ahead next semester.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment